Hamond Industries Ltd - the Slide Forming Specialists
Hamond is a leading outsource manufacturer of medium to high volume small custom formed metal parts. We aim to be your premier source for custom complex wire forms.
We can manufacture parts from any metal available in wire form, using a special process called slide forming. The first slide forming machines were explicitly designed to be wire forming machines. More modern slide forming machines, which also include coil or strip metal capabilities, remain an extremely cost-effective way to form wire.
The more advanced second generation machines we use have integrated press sections. So we can do things like flatten a section of the wire, make wire/strip hybrids and put stamped features like holes, bosses and weld projections into the flattened section.
With our sophisticated machines, we can make all sorts of interesting wire parts.
- We can make a variety of pre-forms - essentially shaped wire - to be used on an assembly line. A preform saves time on an assembly line because a worker doesn't have to bend a part into a particular shape.
- We can make shaped jumpers - wires that run on a circuit board but have more current carrying capacity than a circuit board "land". We can even strip the ends off an insulated wire.
- We can make complex wire forms. In sufficient quantities we can outperform CNC wire bending machines better than 10 to 1 for speed at a nominal cost for hard tooling.
- We can make wire parts out of expensive wire types, where our low-waste process pays big savings.
- We can work in cored materials like flux solder, or clad wire, for heating or other special applications requiring those wires.
About Slide Forming
Slide forming machines are specialized presses built from the ground up to do complex stampings with speed, accuracy, repeatability, economy and ease. Tooling cost is low even in the face of significant part complexity. Slide forming machines go under several other names, including four slides, vertislides or multi-slides. If you're new to slide forming, learn more about it here .