Hamond Industries Ltd - the Slide Forming Specialists
Our buyers assistant will help you determine if Hamond is the right supplier with the right metal process for you. If we are, great! Give us a call or fill out our handy quoting form and we'll get back to you shortly with a quote. If not, this page may help you find other suppliers who run the right machinery and the right process.
So here's the scenario: You are a buyer or purchasing agent responsible for metal parts or components. One of the engineers from your company gave you a drawing, and said "get me a quote on this". Now what?
Determining the Appropriate Process
the part look like a coil? Does it have more than one complete turn in it? Coil springs are their
own specialty. Here is a search engine sponsored by our professional association (the PMA) primed
to show you
. If you do find someone to make your part, tell them Hamond sent you. You might want to check out
Drawing Completeness page before you send the quote
- Is the part totally flat? Flat press work is also a specialty. Here's that same search engine primed to show you stamping houses . Again, tell them Hamond sent you. Check out our Drawing Completeness page.
the part concave everywhere, like a sea-shell, a motor housing, a frying pan, a sauce pan? These
shapes are done by a process called deep drawing. Deep drawing is another specialty. Use this link
stamping" houses , but look for shops with a large range of press sizes. Deep drawing often
requires a large amount of force. Some surprising deep-drawn shapes are lipstick tubes and coke
cans. Check out our
Drawing Completeness page.
- Are you still with us? If it's not a coil spring, not a flat part, not deep drawn,
there's an excellent chance we can make it! But just to be safe, let's check a few more things:
- What's the annual quantity? We generally aren't cost effective under about 10,000 EAU. But if there's something special about your part - requirement for high accuracy, expensive material - get a quote from us anyways - we might be cost effective.
- Check the material thickness. If it's under 0.064", there's a good chance we can make it. Get a quote from us. If it's over 0.064", we may be able to make it, depending on material type, hardness, etc. Over about 0.100", we won't be able to make it, even in really soft metals.
- Check the material width. For the types of complex parts we specialize in, calculating this is sometimes hard. If it's too hard, let us do the calculations. Just so you know, we can't make parts over 2.5" wide.