Hamond Industries Ltd - the Slide Forming Specialists
Because we are a custom stamping shop, we don't have a product line. Here are some applications for which we have made parts.
Electrical Contacts and Conductors
Electricity requires connectivity. You may have an application we can help you with. We've made custom screw terminals with weld points, shorting contacts, grounding contacts, battery contacts, formed connectors and connecting wires, etc. Applications to date include smoke detectors, radar detectors, heating appliances, motor assemblies, electrical boxes. Here are a few examples:
- A company was designing an in-car device that would be powered from the cigarette lighter plug. The challenge was to make formed contacts that could be inserted by hand into the moulded plastic half-shell and would have sufficient spring pressure to stay put until the second half-shell was put over top. We had to work around obstacles and constraints imposed by the plastic moulding process. We now make the formed contacts that contact the power elements of a cigarette lighter outlet and bring the power in to the interior components.
- Another company was designing and manufacturing a new line of smoke detectors. We helped design, prototype and build power and shorting contacts for the products
- For an appliance application, we make threaded terminals that are later welded to heating wires.
- For another appliance application, we make support brackets capable of withstanding high temperature conditions.
- For a power application, we make threaded grounding terminals for outdoor plastic outlet boxes.
- For another power application, we make meter jaw clamps
- For lighter-weight power applications, we make a variety of battery contacts.
- In assembly, a motor circuit board needed a shaped wire. The assemblers were shaping the wire by hand, losing time and accuracy. We shaped the wire accurately and quickly and stripped the insulation off both ends, saving more time.
- In another assembly application, we made a wire preform out of silver solder. The resulting solder wire was just the right size and shape to make a more uniform solder joint, without wasted solder.
- For a control application, we make sets of contacts that allow a motor controller to be hot-swapped. The contacts are of accurate length and spring force so that the controller can be swapped by a single person against the force of over a hundred contacts, and so that contacts make and break in a specific sequence.
Does any of this look like something you need? Give us a call or fill out our handy quoting form and we'll get back to you shortly.