Hamond Industries Ltd - the Slide Forming Specialists
Hamond is a leading outsource manufacturer of medium to high volume high precision small stamped, formed and/or tapped metal parts. We aim to be your premier source for custom metal stampings.
Our principal manufacturing process is slide forming, a highly specialized precision metal stamping and forming process.
If fourslides and slide forming aren't familiar to you, don't be surprised. You're not alone. Check out our What is a Fourslide? page for more information.
For many parts, this relatively unknown process is the best process for the job. We have dedicated a number of pages to explaining this process in more detail. We also have a handy checklist to help you decide if slide forming is the right process for your job
We can manufacture parts from any metal commercially available in coil or wire form. Typical parts we would make are from 1/2 to 11 inches long, from 0.5 to 2.5" wide, and from 0.010" to 0.066" thick. Under the right circumstances, we can also go outside these limits.
We're located a few short blocks from 3 major highways (427, 401, Queen Elizabeth Way), in the west end of Toronto, Canada. From here we can ship to anywhere in North America. We have 2 truck level docks and a drive-in bay. Shipping access is never a problem.
Additional Services at Hamond
In addition to our core service of making slide formed parts, we also .
- operate our own tool room and build all our own tools and
- operate 2 conventional (but small) "straight" presses in support of our customers that need both slide formed and "conventional" stamped parts
- provide additional, complementary services, before, during and after manufacture
New at Hamond
- Hamond Industries has been acquired by Bohne Spring Industries Ltd. Read all about it here and here.
- We have recently announced a new tooling program and methodology. This program will allow us to build tools for low volume jobs more economically and faster than previously possible. This page will tell you more about short run, medium run and long run stampings.
- We have recently developed 3 new tapping capabilities:
- We can put two threaded holes in a part
- We can tap after forming, allowing us to tap near a formed bend without thread distortion
- We can tap through two material thicknesses, that is, prepunch in two places in the strip, form the part so the two holes line up, and then tap through the two lined up holes.
- We've broken out our News section into a Blog, the for our customers.
Where would you like to go from here?
- See what Metalforming Magazine wrote about us (90K PDF File)
- Learn more about slide forming, including some loop videos of our machines making parts
- See some typical parts and applications of slide formed parts
- See some case studies and examples of parts
- Peruse our capabilities & capacities page
- Slide forming originally started as a way of making complex wire shapes. You can still do wire forming on slide machines
- Learn about our inline tapping capabilities
- I like your Product, but what about the Price? - practical price-reduction strategies